PHYSICAL AND ECG REQUIREMENT FOR MARCHING BAND
Physical Form Packet (includes EL2 and OCPS Cardiology Report)
- Who: all students participating in Marching Band
- What: must have a physical exam and ECG completed
- Where: at any healthcare provider; forms must be submitted online
- When: submitted and cleared BEFORE Band Camp begins in July
All students who want to participate in Marching Band must have a physical completed and an ECG completed. Physicals need to be completed every year, while ECGs only need to be done once throughout all of high shcool.
Physicals: must be completed by a physician, and they must fill out the EL2 form included in the physical packet linked on this page.
ECGs: must be completed by a physician, and they must fill out the OCPS Cardiology Report found in the physical packet linked on this page.
All students must be registered through https://athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org/ (see below). Once an account is created an the student is registered, the forms are to be uploaded there.
Forms must be uploaded in time for students to be cleared to participate by the start of Band Camp in July.
PROCESS FOR ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
Obtain or print a physical copy of the EL2 Physical Form and OCPS Cardiology Report form.
Take the Physical Form and OCPS Cardiology Report form to your physical and ECG appointment. These forms must be completed by the physician. OCPS will not accept any other forms for this process.
Create an account at https://athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org/
You can create a separate account for each student in your home, or parents can create ONE account to manage multiple students.
- Click the link above. Watch the video if you would like.
- Click “Create Account”
- Enter name of Parent OR Student (parent preferred) - whoever is going to complete this registration and upload process, and fill in the rest.
- Click “Start Clearance Here”
- Follow prompts:
- Select “2022-23” from drop menu
- West Orange (Winter Garden)
- Sport: Select “BAND” AND any sport you might try to participate in
- Click “Next”
- STUDENT INFORMATION
- Ignore "Choose existing student" unless you've already created an account and added students
- Enter student information in the prompts
- PARENT INFORMATION
- Enter Informatoin
- MEDICAL INFORMATION
- Follow Prompts
- Student signatures
- Parent signatures
- Upload EL2 Physical form (three pages in one file) in the first blank
- Upload OCPS Cardiology Report form (one page) several blanks down on the page
- Upload ONLY the EL2 and Cardiology Report, you can ignore the rest of the upload boxes.
Wait for clearance!